Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Untruth

"Do not just glance at me and let yourself guess the truth, sometimes what your eyes perceive  is nothing but an untruth."

Walking slowly arm in arm up the sidewalk to the school she wasn't aware of the glances and nudges, the nodding of heads as if to nonchalantly point with out being noticed, and I love that about her. Shes not the type to care or pay attention to what people think about her, the way she looks or the fact she shaved her head. She says it's for her reasons not for anyone else. I am the same in that manner, because I realize we all need to make ourselves happy to bring happiness to others. Although unlike her I do notice little things, I guess I pay attention to others around me, sort of a people watcher.
She throws her arms around me and plants a kiss on my cheek. I smile, it is the best feeling in the world, the looks continue. The giggles. The stares.


You would think in this day and age that people would not react this way. Who cares what other people do in their life, it's not your life is it?

Regardless what anyone perceives to be the truth I will not change my actions, I will walk by her side everyday, I will kiss her cheek and smile like I am in heaven, I will love this girl with all I am, after all she is my Daughter!!
Just because something looks one way, does not mean anything. Be careful what your eyes see they can trick the brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment